El Paso Locomotive FC has announced plans for its El Paso Strong Game on August 17, which will honor first responders and remember the victims of the tragedy that occurred on August 3.
The theme of the night will be “El Paso Strong,” which the Borderland has united behind. Below are details surrounding the related events:
• El Paso Strong flags will be distributed to the first 1,500 fans through the door
• Locomotive players will wear specially designed El Paso Strong patches on their jerseys beginning on the 17th and through the remainder of the 2019 season
• American, German, and Mexican flags to be flown, honoring the victims
• El Paso Strong t-shirts to be worn by the team during warmups
• EP Fusion youth soccer team will be in attendance and participate in gameday activities. These young players and their coaches were directly impacted by the event on August 3rd
• Proceeds from the game’s 50/50 raffle to be donated to Paso Del Notre Community Foundation’s El Paso Victims Fund
• 22 second moment of silence honoring the victims
• Color Guard comprised of first responders
• USL President Jake Edwards will be in attendance to pay his respects to the Borderland region
In addition to the $150,000 donation to the two Victims’ Relief Funds from the MountainStar Sports Group Foundation, a portion of each ticket sold through this fundraising promotion will benefit the El Paso Victims Relief Fund.
Photo courtesy El Paso Locomotive.